Inter-University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The Inter-University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (IUCAR) is conceived to be a conglomeration of researchers and institutions with interest in atmospheric and space sciences. The central goals of this corporation are to:
- Setting up a one-stop database for all researchers and institutions with relevance in atmospheric sciences;
- provide a meeting platform for all researchers in fields of relevance to atmospheric sciences in Nigeria;
- foster effective partnership among researchers of similar scientific interest;
- promote international competitive research among members;
- promote professionalism and instill sound academic culture in members;
- establish a formidable team capable of forming alliance with international teams with the aim of pursuing long-term scientific programs; and
- work with the Centre for Atmospheric Research and other national entities to promote research, observational programs, training and formulation of policies of relevance to atmospheric sciences in Nigeria.
The Center for Atmospheric Research (CAR) of the National Space Research and Development Agency shall host the coordinating office of this IUCAR.