Engineering and Technical Support Unit
Engineering is the professional art requiring the judgment necessary to adapt knowledge to practical purposes, and the imagination to conceive original solutions to problems, and the ability to predict performance and cost of new devices and processes. The function of the scientist is to know, while that of engineers is to do. The unit is not always free to select problem that interest her, rather to solve problems as they arise. Since most resources are limited, the unit is anxious with the continua development of new resources as well as efficient utilization of existing ones.
Engineering and Technical Support Unit is saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Employ mathematical principles and scientific concepts to design atmospheric instruments relevant to the Centre’s mandate.
- Using experimental techniques to carry out routine maintenance of office appliances.
- Development of indigenous atmospheric instruments and software.
- Utilization of available data to carry out research in relevant fields.
- Installation and maintenance of atmospheric equipments.
- Advice the Centre in respect to the current technical challenges and recommends viable solutions to the management.
- Perform other task as assigned by the Management.
The following are the present personnel of the unit.
- Engr. Adedoja, Oluwaseye. S. MNSE
- Alesinloye, Adeyemi.R.
- Engr. Saleh, Umar. A. MNSE
- Timiyo Tebe-ebi .J.
- Ezekiel Josiah